What to Do After a South Carolina Car Accident - Get the Facts from Twenge + Twombley
The days, weeks and months after a car, truck or motorcycle accident can be a difficult and stressful time for accident victims. Whether you were hurt in a bicycle accident, a pedestrian accident or by some other act of negligence, what you do in the early stages of your case can have a significant impact on the outcome. Your decisions can mean the difference between physical, emotional and financial recovery and years of undeserved hardship.
To make sure your rights are fully protected, the attorneys at Twenge + Twombley recommend taking the following steps after being involved in an accident:
- Call the police and seek medical attention immediately if you or a loved one were hurt.
- Collect contact information from other parties involved in the accident and witnesses including full names, addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers, car makes and models, insurance information and registration information.
- Take detailed notes about the accident, such as the date and time, how the crash happened, directions of vehicles, visible damages to vehicles.
- Make sure you obtain the name and badge number of the police officers who attended the scene of your accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Be sure to include street signs, skid marks, road conditions, weather conditions, and damage to vehicles.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible. If you have reason to believe your insurance company may not be willing to cover your accident, contact Twenge + Twombley before discussing your accident with your insurance company.
- Do not, under any circumstances, answer questions or make statements to the other drivers' insurance company before speaking to a lawyer. Remember, the interests of the insurance company are opposite of yours.
- Contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Let an accident lawyer handle the legal and financial issues of your case.
You have rights. Contact us immediately if you've been in an accident
At Twenge + Twombley, we don't think it should be difficult to talk to a lawyer. Even if you're not sure you have a case, you can feel comfortable talking to us. We provide free consultations. There's no obligation or strings attached. Our attorneys are ready to answer your questions.
As soon as you contact us, we think you'll feel comfortable knowing that we care about helping people, and we want to solve their problems. We work one-on-one with each client represented by our firm. As a small law firm, we take the time to build the most solid and successful legal strategy on your behalf.
Discover the difference a Lowcountry car accident attorney can make. Call 866-452-6315 or fill out our online contact form today to schedule a free case consultation. We serve clients in Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head Island and other communities in South Carolina.
Twenge + Twombley. Rare name, remarkable service.