T-Bone Accident Attorneys In Beaufort, SC You Can Trust
Fight for the compensation you deserve after a broadside crash
You’re driving on North Street towards Beaufort’s historic downtown. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a driver on Ribault Road runs a red light and crashes into the passenger side of your car. You’ve just been involved in a T-bone car accident.
So what should you do next? The sooner you talk to a Beaufort T-Bone accident lawyer at Twenge + Twombley, the better. Our attorneys have dedicated our legal careers to fighting for the rights of injury victims and their families. As a result, we know how the legal system works here and are familiar with all types of car accidents in South Carolina.
When you have our law firm on your side, you can demand the money deserve for your accident-related expenses. Don’t take chances with your future. Take action. Trust Twenge + Twombley to skillfully handle your T-Bone accident claim. Contact us today. Call 866-452-6315 or complete our online contact form.
What is a T-Bone accident?
As the name suggests, a T-Bone accident involves the front end of one vehicle hitting the side of another vehicle. Sometimes called a broadside accident or side impact accident, T-Bone collisions often occur at intersections when someone runs a red light or stop sign. Because the side of a vehicle provides little protection, broadside crashes are among the most serious types of car accidents we deal with at our South Carolina law firm.
On average, 13 percent of all car accidents are T-Bone collisions. But they account for more than 18 percent of all car accident fatalities, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). That’s more than 8,000 T-Bone accident fatalities every year, nearly one per hour.
Why do T-Bone accidents happen in South Carolina?
T-Bone accidents in South Carolina often occur because of:
- Distracted drivers, especially texting drivers, who overlook a red light or stop sign.
- Speeding drivers who don’t stop or slow down at an intersection.
- Aggressive drivers who run a red light or don’t stop at a stop sign.
- Drunk drivers unaware of their surroundings who illegally drive through an intersection.
- Drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and do not stop at an intersection.
What are common T-Bone accident injuries?
When drivers and passengers are hurt in a T-Bone accident, they often sustain serious injuries, including:
- Concussion and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash.
- Cuts and lacerations, often to the face, caused by flying glass in the car.
- Broken bones (fractures).
- Internal injuries, including organ damage and internal bleeding.
These are just some of the injuries people often sustain in a broadside accident in South Carolina. Whatever type of injury you or a loved one sustained in your T-Bone crash, make sure you get the medical care you need to recover. Then talk to a T-Bone accident lawyer at our Beaufort, SC law firm right away.
What should I do after a South Carolina T-Bone accident?
You need to act fast if you’ve been involved in a T-Bone collision caused by another driver. Take the following steps:
- Call the police and tell them another driver just T-Boned you.
- If you or anyone else appears seriously injured, ask the dispatcher to send an ambulance. Your health and well-being should always come first.
- If it’s safe to do so, take pictures of your accident, especially before moving both vehicles. Pictures of the scene, vehicle damage, and other evidence can play a significant role in your claim.
- If someone saw your collision, make sure you or the police talk to them and get their full name and phone number.
- Exchange information with the other driver. This includes your name, address, phone number, driver’s license number and insurance information.
- Once you have exchanged information with the other driver, don’t discuss your accident. Anything you say could later be used against you.
- Call a Beaufort, SC T-Bone accident lawyer at our law firm as soon as possible. We can help you every step of the way.
Who’s responsible for paying for my T-Bone accident?
South Carolina has an at-fault car insurance system. This means the at-fault party is responsible for paying for the accident-related expenses for all injury victims. In terms of T-Bone accidents, this generally means that the insurance company for the driver who hit another vehicle must pay for the accident.
This might sound straightforward. But the insurance company for the at-fault driver will often do everything they can to pay injury victims as little as possible or nothing at all. That’s why victims should hire a lawyer who knows how to deal with insurance companies in South Carolina and who can negotiate the best possible T-Bone settlement claim.
How much is my T-Bone accident settlement worth?
If another driver T-Boned your car, you should be paid for all your accident-related expenses. What you might not realize is just how many expenses your settlement claim might include. It’s not just short-term bills right after your crash. You should be paid for all accident expenses, even if they occur years later. Such expenses can include:
- Medical care, including future anticipated medical treatments for your injury.
- Transportation costs if you don’t have a vehicle for several days or weeks while your car is being repaired.
- Money to repair your car or buy a new one if it’s a total loss.
- Replacement income if you need time off from work to stay home and recover.
- Lost future income if you are unable to return to work due to a permanent disability sustained in your accident.
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages.
Add all these expenses up and you may be eligible to receive thousands of dollars or a lot more money for your T-Bone accident.
Learn how a Beaufort, SC T-Bone accident lawyer can help you
You only have one opportunity to get the money you deserve for your South Carolina T-Bone accident. Insurance companies know this. That’s why they often make lowball settlement offers or deny injury claims altogether. They’re hoping you’ll accept their first offer or simply go away.
We don’t back down at Twenge + Twombley. We rise to the challenge. That’s because we understand the importance of such legal cases and what a difference we can make in the lives of people injured a serious T-Bone accident.
When you have an experienced Beaufort, SC T-Bone accident attorney from our law firm on our side, you can be sure that your legal case will receive the attention it rightfully deserves. As a small law firm, we take the time to develop a successful legal strategy designed to succeed. Whether it’s negotiating the best possible settlement offer or filing a lawsuit on your behalf and fighting for your rights in court, you can count on us when you need us most.
Learn more about your legal options. Contact us and schedule a free case consultation. Call 866-452-6315 or fill out our online contact form to speak with a T-Bone accident lawyer who puts your best interests first. We serve clients in Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head Island and other communities throughout South Carolina.
Twenge + Twombley – rare name, remarkable service.