About Attorney Lee Anne Walters
Trust and estate disputes, serious personal injury cases and complex business litigation
Lee Anne Walters joined Twenge + Twombley Law Firm in 2019 as counsel. Her practice is focused on representing individuals involved in trust and estate disputes, serious personal injury cases and other complex business litigation disputes.
Ms. Walters has been a litigator for almost 15 years and her experience includes civil cases of all shapes and sizes. Ms. Walters’ clients include plaintiffs and defendants, as well as individuals and businesses. Prior to joining Twenge + Twombley, Ms. Walters practiced with Motley Rice, a large plaintiff’s firm, representing individuals and institutional investors in securities fraud and other class action litigation. She also practiced with Duffy & Young and Lyles & Lyles. Ms. Walters is admitted to practice in South Carolina’s state and federal courts and is also a certified mediator.
Before practicing law, Ms. Walters worked in the education and human services field as a counselor for seven years. She has served as a guardian ad litem in private custody cases.
- Representing a homeowners’ association in a complex insurance dispute, resulting in a finding that the association’s $5 million verdict was covered by the defendant’s insurance policies;
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a business owner in a constructive defect suit;
- Representing institutional investors in securities fraud actions pending in the Southern District of New York and the District of South Carolina.
Areas of Practice
- Trust and Estates Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Professional Malpractice
- Commercial Litigation and other Business Disputes
- Construction Law
- Securities and shareholder derivative actions
- Guardian Ad Litem
Bar Admissions and Certifications
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Certified Mediator
- JD, University of South Carolina School of Law
- M Ed, Harvard University Graduate School of Education
- BA, Clemson University